Monday, October 28, 2019

Colorado

Hey, Colorado 
It was not so long ago 
I left your mountains 
To try life on the road 
But I'm tired of that race 
It was much too fast a pace 
And I think I've found my place 
Colorado, I want to come home 

I had a man there 
But I left him far behind 
I could have loved him 
If I'd only had the time 
Ah, but I stopped along my way 
Just long enough to say 
That I'd really like to stay 
But my baby, you know I have to go 

I was too young 
To know what I'd done 
I made my plans 
But I was wrong 
Yes, I was wrong 

Colorado 
Is it too late to change my mind?
I've done some thinking 
And I'm trying hard to find 
A way to come back home 
'Cause I've been so very long alone 
Won't you take care of your own? 

Colorado 
I think I'm coming home 
I want to come home 
Let me come home

--John David Souther (1945- ), American singer-songwriter and actor, recorded by Linda Ronstadt on Don't Cry Now, 1973


No comments:

Post a Comment