Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Psalm 23 (NZPB version)


Dear God, you sustain me and feed me: 
    like a shepherd you guide me.

You lead me to an oasis of green,
   to lie down by restful waters.

You refresh my soul for the journey,
   and guide me along trusted roads.

The God of justice is your name.
   Though I must enter the darkness of death,
      I will fear no evil.

For you are with me,
   your rod and staff comfort me.

You prepare a table before my very eyes,
   in the presence of those who trouble me.

You anoint my head with oil,
   and you fill my cup to the brim.

Your loving kindness and mercy will meet me every day of my life,
   and I will dwell in the house of my God for ever.

-- from Night Prayer, A New Zealand Prayer Book | He Karakia Mihinare o Aotearoa, p. 170

No comments:

Post a Comment