Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A Song of Humility



(based on Hosea 6.1–6)

1 Come, let us return to the Lord ♦
    who has torn us and will heal us.
2 God has stricken us ♦
    and will bind up our wounds.
3 After two days, he will revive us, ♦
    and on the third day will raise us up,
    that we may live in his presence.
4 Let us strive to know the Lord; ♦
    his appearing is as sure as the sunrise.
5 He will come to us like the showers, ♦
    like the spring rains that water the earth.
6 ‘O Ephraim, how shall I deal with you? ♦
    How shall I deal with you, O Judah?
7 ‘Your love for me is like the morning mist, ♦
    like the dew that goes early away.
8 ‘Therefore, I have hewn them by the prophets, ♦
    and my judgement goes forth as the light.
9 ‘For loyalty is my desire and not sacrifice, ♦
    and the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.’

-- From the Church of England

No comments:

Post a Comment