Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Pentecost Gathering Prayer: After the Resurrection



Even after the resurrection, when the disciples 
were weighed down with worry,
Jesus assured them that they were not alone:
“The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send
in my name, will teach you everything,
and remind you of all that I have said to you.”

Even after the resurrection, when the disciples
were burdened by their fears,
Jesus calmed their troubled hearts:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled,
and do not let them be afraid.”

Even after the resurrection, when we struggle
with our faith,
Jesus blesses us with comfort and hope:
“Peace I leave with you; 
my peace I give to you.”

Especially after the resurrection, when our souls
are dry and barren,
the Holy Spirit blows through our lives,
bringing us new life. Alleluia!


--Laura Jaquith Bartlett, from Ministry Matters

No comments:

Post a Comment