Monday, August 10, 2020

XL Expectans Expectavi



The stone itself will soon be rolled away,

I wait in patience, all expectantly,

Firm on this rock above the miry clay



Where he has set me in his loving mercy.

I sing my psalm in Christ who sings in me,

A new song made in his Love’s mystery:



‘Your wondrous works all rise like wings in me

And lift my heart to praise. I hear your call,

The simple call of Love: Oh come to me,



Bring me no gifts, for I have made them all,

Just bring yourself, and open up your heart.

And so I come to you and bring you all,



All that I am and have been; joy and hurt,

Glory and shame, I bring you everything,

That you might make me whole in every part.



--Malcolm Guite (1954- ), English poet, priest, musician, theologian, and songwriter, from his Psalm series

Scripture Reference: Psalm 40

No comments:

Post a Comment