Sunday, August 20, 2023

Prayers for Blessing of Oblations



God of Abundant Love, 
make us true stewards of the bounty you entrust to us.
Where there is need, let us meet it;
where there is abundance, let us share it,
where there is time, let us spend it in your service;
where there are resources, let us devote them to your kingdom.
Amen.


Almighty God,
whose Holy Spirit equips the Church with a rich variety of gifts;
grant that we may use them
to bear witness to Christ
by lives built on faith and love.
Make us ready to live his gospel
and eager to do his will,
that we may share with all your Church in the joys of eternal life;
through Jesus, Christ our Lord.
Amen.

--adapted from a prayer at the Diocese of York


Eternal God,
open our eyes to see your hand at work
in the splendour of creation
and in the beauty of human life.
Help us to cherish the gifts that surround us, 
to share our blessings with our sisters and brothers,
and to experience the joy of life in your presence;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

--A Prayer Book for Australia


Thanks be to thee,
my joy and my glory and my hope
and my God.
Thanks be to thee for thy gifts;
but do thou preserve them in me,
thus thou wilt preserve me,
and the things thou hast given me will
increase and be made perfect,
and I shall be with thee:
because even that I exist is thy gift.

-- Augustine of Hippo



Heavenly Father, source of all life,
we thank you for the many ways
in which you have blessed and enriched our lives:
keep us from possessiveness and greed,
and lead us into the greater joy
of sharing your gifts with others.
Through Jesus Christ,
in whom is perfect peace.
Amen.

--Jenny Dann



Abundant God,
you made us in your image
and breathed in us a spirit of generosity
that is both gift and response.
Move us, we pray, to give as we have received -
abundantly, generously, and joyfully,
that our common ministry may ever bear
witness to your unfailing grace.
In the name of the three
in whom we are one,
Amen.

--Episcopal Diocese of Washington



Lord Jesus, teach me to be generous; 
teach me to serve you as you deserve, 
to give and not to count the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds, 
to toil and not to seek for rest,
to labour and not to seek reward,
except that of knowing that I do your will. 
Amen.

--St. Ignatius of Loyola

No comments:

Post a Comment